Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ristras

When I am homesick for Arizona I do things like cook Mexican food or decorate our house with Mexican looking things.  After painting our kitchen periwinkle I wished I had some strings of chile peppers (ristras in Spanish)  to hang in it.  I saw some fake ones at Hobby Lobby and then thought to myself maybe we can make some.  So I googled it.  There are plenty of directions online on how to dry chile peppers for ristras and the specific way to tie them but in an effort to be quick we bought some already dried bulk chiles at the grocery store and some twine and tied em together.  The walls I wanted to hang them on are pretty narrow so we didn't want a big bunch but rather a thinner string of them.  Here they are- I love them!

1 comment:

Reegz said...

When you gonna redo those horrid American cabinets?!