Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chicken Mandarin Salad

My husband and I both like salads a lot but unfortunately we seem to eat them rarely.  We recently decided- in an effort to shed some pounds and eat healthier- that we would start eating salads regularly.  Here is one of our favorites.


DRESSING
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

SALAD
1 large bag baby spring mix or other greens of your choice
1 small bunch scallions, chopped
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 handful cilantro, chopped
3 grilled chicken breasts, sliced

INSTRUCTIONS:
For dressing; combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake.

For salad; in a large bowl, combine greens, scallions, celery, mandarin oranges, pecans cilantro and chicken.  Pour desired amount of dressing over and toss to combine.  Store the leftover dressing in the fridge for up to a week.

Yield: 2 large main course sized salads or 4 smaller appetizer sized salads.

Suggested Wine Pairing: Cavit Pinot Grigio

2 comments:

Anyone's Guess said...

I just had a friend over for lunch and made this salad. Yum! Thanks for posting the recipe. It's a keeper. I heard about your blogs from your mom. I met her at my sister's son's wedding.:) I've bookmarked you.

dana said...

Thanks for dropping in- glad you liked the recipe! Its one of my favs.